Moving in / Moving to another room / Moving out
- Allocated room
- When and where
- What you should bring
- If I cannot appear
- Accommodation contract
- Residence card, keys, bedlinen
- Assignment of the room
- I am not interested in the accommodation
An allocated block of halls of residence, an allocated room or date of moving in cannot be changed during the period of moving in, i.e. until the end of September. Moving is possible from the beginning of October.
Thank you for your understanding.
When and where
Information about a particular allocated hall of residence and room will be available at https://iskam-web.vse.cz/
If you are to move in a hall of residence as of 25 September 2016 inclusive (accommodation allocated afterwards), report to accommodation in person to the allocated hall of residence and contact the manager of the hall of residence on the specified date during office hours, which can be found in the list of blocks of halls of residence.
What you should bring
- identity card (foreign students should bring their valid passports)
- colour full- face photograph of 35 x 45 mm (an identity-card type)
If I cannot appear
Please, come personally on move-in day during office hours, directly to Dormitory Manager of the building in which you will be staying. Move in to dormitory Jarov III.F outside of office hours is possible, but after announcement to Dormitory Manager via email. Reception is opened nonstop.
The contract to be signed will be submitted to you by the manager of the hall of residence when moving in the hall of residence. We recommend reading the contents of the contract before you sign it, as you will not have sufficient quiet time to read it thoroughly when moving in.
Residence card, keys, bedlinen
As soon as you sign the contract, you will receive a residence card and keys from the allocated room. In some halls of residence, you will receive also a key from the main entrance to the hall of residence. In the bedlinen depot, you will receive bedlinen, which you confirm with your signature, and the List of Defects, which you will complete upon entry to the room.
Assignment of the room
The room will be taken over upon signing of the accommodation contract and the handing over of keys and bedlinen. The takeover will be done by yourself, with no employee of the hall of residence present. As soon as you enter the room, check the room and its furnishings immediately for proper condition fit for use. On that day, record any found defects in the List of Defects and submit it to a person in charge (usually the one who has given you the List of Defects). You will be responsible for defects not recorded in the List of Defects. If you fail to submit the List of Defects on the day of moving in, you will breach the accommodation contract.
Moving to another room
- The first week in October is the first permitted day of moving to another room.
- A person interested in moving to another room must appear in person during office hours and prove his/her identity.
- In case of exchange of the allocation with another student, both these students have to appear at the same time.
- Each application for moving to another room will be decided individually and may be rejected.
- Rooms may not be booked.
- Information about free rooms will be provided only at personal visits.
A student may move until the 4th day of a calendar month inclusive (during office hours only). This is due to sending a direct debit order to the bank usually on the 5th day of a calendar month (the particular term of sending is published in the news on a monthly basis). Any later date of moving will be permitted only in exceptional cases upon agreement with the manager of the relevant hall of residence.
Moving from one hall of residence to another (applies to VSE halls of residence in Prague)
- is the charge of the central accommodation office.
- A student may move until the 4th day of a calendar month inclusive (during office hours only).
- This is due to sending a direct debit order to the bank usually on the 5th day of a calendar month (the particular term of sending is published in the news on a monthly basis).
- A student may move only if he/she has no debts, i.e. he/she has paid all outstanding amounts owed to VSE SUZ (residence fee, utilities, damages, late payment interest, if appropriate, etc.)
I am not interested in the accommodation
If you do not want to use the allocated accommodation, report this fact to the central accommodation office by e-mail or in person in the central accommodation office (you must prove your identity). For dates, see the schedule of accommodation. In order to protect the accommodated persons, the following ways of rejecting the accomodation will not be taken into consideration: notification by phone, by e-mail message sent from other than the student´s own school e-mail address, a message via a friend/acquaintance/parent/relative, a letter.